This year's forum focused on the Aerospace and Defense industry and included senior management
representatives from both the commercial and government/military sectors as well as participants
from other service focused industries. Its goal was to review cutting-edge strategies and
technologies from innovators who are transforming the service supply chain and positioning it as
a source of customer value creation and competitive advantage.
Cross-Functional and Cross-Organizational Coordination Challenges in
Providing Service Support
- What are the major challenges and opportunities for improved coordination for service
support that your industry/company is facing?
- What current trends to outsource and re-structure service support processes
do you see? What is driving these trends?
- How does your firm integrate functions such as procurement, maintenance and logistics
across organizations - both internally and with suppliers and customers?
Readiness/Availability Resource Planning and
- What is the long term potential for improving resource management to support/sustain
mission critical product availability in the A&D industry?
- What are the greatest challenges/opportunities in achieving this potential?
- How are new and emerging technologies affecting this problem?
- How is your organization overcoming the challenges and exploiting the opportunities
and what is the expected or realized impact?
Performance Based Service Support: Industry at a Turning
- What is the current status of performance based support from your firm's perspective?
- What has been and or will be the impact of performance based programs?
- What are the biggest challenges/opportunities in implementing such programs?
- How is your organization overcoming these challenges and exploiting the opportunities?
Academic Research on Incentive Contracting in Service Parts
Research Agenda for Industry - Academic Collaboration